Tax Returns

990 Tax Returns

1040 Tax Returns

1040 Tax Returns for Ministers


  • edrey March 23, 2011 at 9:51 PM

    hello my name is edrey pacheco and i belong to a small church located in kansas city kansas and i’d like to know if you guys can help me out with a form 990 please.

    • Belinda Whitfield March 23, 2011 at 10:03 PM

      Hi Edrey Pacheco,

      Churches do not need to file 990 tax returns.
      If its for another organization that is not a church, please let me know.

      Belinda Whitfield

      • Jim Tepper April 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM

        How about debt financed UBIT…. wouldn’t a 990T be required? ie, rent income on a building with mortgage rented in the entirety.



        • Belinda Whitfield April 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM

          Only if your church is engaged in for-profit activities similar to the ones you mentioned.

          • Jim Tepper April 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM

            Hi ..
            thanks for your comment.
            we do own a house that we rent in total and have a mortgage on. After expenses, including the mortgage, we do have net income from it. In this case would we be required to file the 990T?

          • Belinda Whitfield April 10, 2011 at 5:42 AM

            Hi Jim,

            The annual reporting requirements for 990-T is based on gross revenue, not the bottom line.
            Take your time and review the instructions for the 990-T that are available on the IRS website.
            If you need further assistance, give me a call or contact your tax accountant to discuss the matter in more detail.
            I can be reached at 630-759-6900 ext 710.


Post a Comment

Your email is kept private. Required fields are marked *

Optionally add an image (JPEG only)