I had an awesome time at the M&M conference! hosted at Living Word Christian Center.
On Friday, I was privileged to speak to Pastors and ministry leaders in one dynamic session. And later to church bookkeepers and finance administrators. Each session was packed with information.
The session for Pastors was totally a top level discussion for Pastors as CEO's of the organization:
- Gathering the Right Resources
- Accounting Software
- Membership Database programs
- Putting together a finance team and getting them trained.
- Managing Money - We really got into some heavy talk here!
- Setting Financial Goals
- Financial Reports
- So much more.
There's only so much information you can squeeze into 45 minutes, but in the session with church finance administrators, we were able to hit on:
- Brief overview of starting a ministry (IRS and state registrations).
- IRS and State annual reporting
- Accounting programs and membership databases
- Internal Controls and Segregation of Duties - You can't have one person doing everything :-).
- We talked about some more stuff too...
- Plus, I teamed up with Clara Rauf in her workshop on Benevolence Ministry. Way Cool! It worked out really nice.
If you were at the conference, please share your comments!
Oh and be sure to keep in touch with me on Facebook because
OMG! I've got so much more to share with you and FB is a really cool way for us to keep in touch.
I'm always here for you if you have any questions. Give me a jingle or add a comment (preferred).
Any who... Love ya. Be blessed!